The Edmonton Pride Festival Society
The first organized Pride March in Edmonton was in the summer of 1980 and the Edmonton Pride Week Society was incorporated on May 22, 2003. Support in the community for the organization and LGBTQ2S+ rights grew over the years. On May 16, 2011, the society changed its name to the Edmonton Pride Festival Society.
The Edmonton Pride Festival Society is the official non-profit organization that manages the organization and execution of Pride celebrations — and one of the largest festivals — in the Capital Region each year. The Society is run by a volunteer board of directors, a small staff, and is supported by hundreds of wonderful volunteers.
A world proud of its LGBTQ2S+ communities.
The Edmonton Pride Festival Society endeavours to unify and educate by celebrating gender and sexual diversity through a sustainable annual festival and year-round community outreach within our Capital Region.
- We respect the dignity of individuals and the rights of all members of society regardless of sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, cultural or ethnic background, colour, age, physical or mental ability, religious or social affiliation or beliefs. In doing so, we seek to identify and remove barriers through the activities of EPFS.
- We believe in honouring our past by remembering our history and educating others.
- We believe those who volunteer for EPFS are our main resource in achieving our goals and must be treated with respect and dignity.
- We believe in conducting the business of the society with fairness, openness, transparency, and accountability.
- We seek to establish partnerships with those organizations, businesses and government agencies that have goals in common with the EPFS. We believe in the value of these partnerships as a method to further the goals and mission of the EPFS.
- We believe in sharing our knowledge and experience with other Pride Festivals and non-profit organizations.
- We believe that these statements provide a significant catalyst for growth and development in all people.
- We respect the individual potential for human growth and development. We believe that diversity is the strength of the LGBTQ2S+ community.